Thursday, October 04, 2007

Carrie Underwood of Americal Idol


What was life like when we did not have all these crooning celebrities in the making on TV? It almost seems like there was no life before American Idol!

What I find interesting is that in academic circles, I find a lot of people who claim that shows such as the American Idol are silly. Of course, this does not stop them from watching the show regularly. Heh heh. I guess hypocrisy is all around us.

I for one am a big fan of American Idol and other such shows. One contestant that has caught my eye is Carrie Underwood. Take a look at the Carrie Underwood Bio. This is clearly a girl with a future. She has been singing since a young age -- reminds me of Charlotte Church, actually. When you hear her sing, it is clear that she is singing with all her heart. And to think that despite initial singing success, Carrie Underwood almost gave up her singing career. Then along came American Idol and put her all over the map. Today, you can actually buy one of her singles and make it your ringtone. As they say, "You've come a long way baby.,"

So my recommendation is that you vote for Carrie Underwood. You, of course, are welcome to your own choices.

In any case, make sure to keep watching the show that has made inroads not just into the American home, but into the American heart.

No comments: