Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Motorsport statistics and results

Your name?
Andreas

What is your site called?
Driver Database

How old is the site?
Three years old in about two months time.

What is the one unique feature of this site?
The aim of bringing the results of every single circuit racing category on one web site.

Do you make money from this site?
I do see some money coming in, but with all the time I've put into this project I would say no. I'm hoping it will change though.

What is the main revenue stream for this site?
Adsense

If you were to sell this site, how much do you think it would sell for?
They would have to pay me for three years of work and then some more money before I would consider it.

What are your plans with this site?
Making it the market leader when it comes to racing drivers results and statistics. When fans of the sport think "Who's that new guy?" they should automaticly go to Driverdb.com to see what that driver's been up to in the past. Who he's beaten or who beat him etc.

What sites are your biggest competitors?
At the moment there are no alternatives with my size that are free of charge. I've seen some stuff of mine that's been put up on Wikipedia lately, but they seem to be good enough to include my link as reference so they're not quite competing with me yet. Fortunately. If Wikipedia were to put up all my content I guess I'd have to surrender pretty quickly.

Do you rank well in search engines for this site? If yes, for what search terms?
Not really. I rank highly for the site title but that isn't highly competitive. It's me and about 88,200 sites about hardware drivers. Since I've got about 10,000 pages indexed I do rank quite highly for a bunch of less competitive keywords that when you put them all together drives a steady amount of search engine traffic. Ranking at number one for "NASCAR" and "Formula 1" is an aim for another year.

How have you promoted this site in the past?
Started out with manual directory submissions to get the ball rolling. Now I'm starting to get referenced in racing driver's press releases (well, those who are good enough to have some nice statistics to brag about) which gets the right crowd to my site. People like to ego surf, even professional and succesful athletes, and when they find my site they seem to tell their friends.

Going forward how do you intend to promote this site?
I might throw in a couple of links to good paid directories to fuel the fire a bit now and then. I have no real other plans at this moment other than having an enormoursly cool looking "Driver Database" t-shirt at a couple of race weekends this summer. A TV ad campaign would be nice though.

No comments: