Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Build your own computer desk in one weekend

Your name?
Kathy

What is your site called?
Kathy's Desk Plan, Build a Computer Desk, in One Weekend, with One Sheet of Plywood, For Under $100.00

How old is the site?
It's been online at this URL since December 2005. But the same content was online at a Geocities site before that. Sorry, not sure when I put that online.

What is the one unique feature of this site?
Low cost simple do it yourself project. I couldn't find any free online plan comparable to mine.

Do you make money from this site?
I do make a very small amount from the the Adsense on it. Originally I put the plan online for free at the Geeocities location. I switched to my own domain after someone told me about Adsense. It was not my intent to make a profit initially. But Geocities was making a profit from my idea and not sharing with me. So I switched to my own domain and Adsense. If somebody's going to make a profit from my idea, they should share some of it with me.

What is the main revenue stream for this site?
The Adsense ads.

If you were to sell this site, how much do you think it would sell for?
First, I have no intention of selling it. Second, I doubt anyone would buy it, LOL. I guess the value would be about $100.00, but that is really a wild guess on my part.

What are your plans with this site?
I plan to add instructions for other projects of mine, a picnic table I designed & built, a play center I built for my daughter, etc. They all have one common thread; I wanted something sturdy, and couldn't find a well built sturdy item to buy for a reasonable price, so I had to design & build my own.

What sites are your biggest competitors?
There are a couple of sites that offer free woodworking plans, I have links to them, and don't really consider them competitors.

Do you rank well in search engines for this site? If yes, for what search terms?
I think so Search "build computer desk", on Google it comes up on page 8, on MSN it shows up in the first page.

How have you promoted this site in the past?
I asked for links from woodworkers free plan directories. A few of them asked for reciprocal links, & I did that.

Going forward how do you intend to promote this site?
I really don't have BIG plans. If I see a way to promote it, on forums for example, I will. I hope that over time people will link to the site naturally.

No comments: