Thursday, May 04, 2006

Premier online resource for information about simple living with a "green" twist

Your name?
Heleigh Bostwick

What is your site called?
Marigold Lane

How old is the site?
8 months old

What is the one unique feature of this site?
The concept behind the website, which I have to add, is probably lost on everyone because I don't have explained anywhere on the website. This is going to change though.

Do you make money from this site?
Yes. Slow but steady-and increasing every month.

What is the main revenue stream for this site?
Google AdSense

If you were to sell this site, how much do you think it would sell for?
I do not intend to sell this site. I have absolutely no idea how much it would sell for--$350????

What are your plans with this site?
To continue adding content that interests me. I think I have about 100 pages now. At some point I may spin off the Writing Services section. I will probably not add any additional topic sections, but who knows?

What sites are your biggest competitors?
The Green Guide, but really there is no comparison as that website has been around much longer. There may be a few other small websites as well.

Do you rank well in search engines for this site? If yes, for what search terms?
I think PR3 and PR4 for some pages. Almost every page of content on the website is in the top ten (i.e first page) for a Google search. I write about what I enjoy and do not actively look for high paying keywords. However, once I've decided on my topic, I do search for the keyword phrase that I think most people would use when searching for information on the topic.

How have you promoted this site in the past?
Submitted to directories, free press release websites, signatures in email and forum postings, written (paid) articles for other websites with a link in the bio, and my favorite-product reviews. I'd have to say though that none of these are all that effective though. Most of my traffic comes from plain old search engines-not links from other websites.

Going forward how do you intend to promote this site?
The same as I have been. Techniques that seem to work for others do not seem to work for my website, probably because it is a niche topic(s) with a limited but devoted audience.

No comments: