Monday, May 29, 2006

Finding answers to math or science homework problems

Your name?
Jon Dlouhane

What is your site called?
The Tutor Direct

How old is the site?
Just a month or so old, I am just getting it launched.

What is the one unique feature of this site?
The interactive nature. A lot of homework help websites find information that you can look up. For this website, send me questions and I will post the answer.

Do you make money from this site?
I make money by donation and by adsense (although not much) from this site.

What is the main revenue stream for this site?
Donation for helping with homework explanations.

If you were to sell this site, how much do you think it would sell for?
I do not wish to sell this site, and I have no reasonable idea as to how much this would sell for, so I would hazard a guess of $100 since I could build another one with similar information quite quickly.

What are your plans with this site?
My plans are to expand the listings of homework answers so that eventually if you have any question in one of the math or science categories, you will be able to find something that is similar to what you are looking for.

What sites are your biggest competitors?
The sites that charge people up front for answers, and there are plenty of them online that charge by the hour, before they work. I will only take donation after the task is completed, to be certain you are happy.

Do you rank well in search engines for this site? If yes, for what search terms?
Not yet, but I am still working on the SEO. Like I had said, this is still in the early launch stages.

How have you promoted this site in the past?
Submitting to search engines. Pay Per Click via google as well.

Going forward how do you intend to promote this site?
I plan to submit articles about homework and school issues with my signature at the bottom. I also wish to get more involved with forums that relate to the task I am attempting to accomplish.

No comments: