Monday, May 29, 2006

African Art

Your name?
David Norden

What is your site called?
African Antiques

How old is the site?
It is on line since 1998

What is the one unique feature of this site?
It is the only portal related on African Antiques

Do you make money from this site?
Yes, I make more than 1500 $ each month only from the advertisings and newsletter promotions.

What is the main revenue stream for this site?
The main revenue is adsense at this moment, but the selling of links and promotions for auction houses come inthe second place.

If you were to sell this site, how much do you think it would sell for?
Well the site is making me around 20.000 $ a year minimum, so I guess the value is around 40.000$, but I do not intend to sell it at this moment, and if I would sell it would be to someone in the same business I guess.

What are your plans with this site?
Well I think it should be integrated in a system like Joomla. At this moment it is all made in html and handcoded. But to transfer it on Joomla and to adapt the desgn, I don't know how to do it, and since it has more than 500 pages, it would be quite time consumiing I guess.

What sites are your biggest competitors?
The Museums sites, that have much more links than me,

Do you rank well in search engines for this site? If yes, for what search terms?
I have a PR5 and rank well for hundreds of words, I have more than 10,000 unique visitors each week..

How have you promoted this site in the past?
All natural search engine visitors, and promotions through link exchanges, but content is the keyword.

Going forward how do you intend to promote this site?
I don't promote my website with paid links, only through free advertisements, like this.

No comments: